Welcome to Reality is Awesome!
In The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, Ford Prefect wonders to himself about his companion's need to believe that they are visiting a legendary planet: "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
And I'm with Ford. Our world, our universe, is amazing. It is in fact, awesome. And I don't need to believe in magic or fairytales to see that.
To that end, I introduce you to my blog: a collection of things both awesome and not awesome. There'll be some random stuff too, but hey, that's just how I roll.
April 2018 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
What I've been talking about
- RT @ae_phillips: The deadline has been extended for the IOP Physical Crystallography prize lectureship! Early-career crystallographers, get… 2 months ago
- RT @isisneutronmuon: We saw some excellent talks earlier this week at the ISIS Crystallography User Group & PCG-SCMP Winter Meeting! Congra… 5 months ago
- RT @RRUTC_Cam: An incredible piece of work in @Acta_Materialia from UTC student Lewis Owen and his colleagues at the ISIS neutron source @h… 1 year ago
- I'm running the London Marathon for @MindCharity. Training updates and general rambling on my blog! goo.gl/jIXW8u #charitytuesday 1 year ago
- Week 2 of #marathontraining update on my blog tonight. runningfromtheweasels.wordpress.com #VLM2017 1 year ago
I am a chemistry PhD student in the UK who is passionate about the promotion of science, rationality and critical thinking. In short, I’m a skeptic, and I’m proud of that fact. I’m also an atheist, but I’m all right really…
As I say on my Twitter profile, I love everything random, funny or geeky. I’m always over-excited. I try to be nice.
I’m a tiny tiny fish in the big pond of skepticism but maybe I can make at least a small contribution. And hell, even if no-one reads this, at least I enjoy writing it!