I’ve been looking forward to this weekend for ages! I’m getting ready to head to Manchester for QED! I’ll hopefully be putting up a few posts throughout the weekend, especially on the subject of the awesome, global, 10:23 campaign! And if you’re gonna be at QED then I can’t wait to meet you!
Welcome to Reality is Awesome!
In The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, Ford Prefect wonders to himself about his companion's need to believe that they are visiting a legendary planet: "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
And I'm with Ford. Our world, our universe, is amazing. It is in fact, awesome. And I don't need to believe in magic or fairytales to see that.
To that end, I introduce you to my blog: a collection of things both awesome and not awesome. There'll be some random stuff too, but hey, that's just how I roll.
What I've been talking about
- RT @ae_phillips: The deadline has been extended for the IOP Physical Crystallography prize lectureship! Early-career crystallographers, get… 1 week ago
- RT @isisneutronmuon: We saw some excellent talks earlier this week at the ISIS Crystallography User Group & PCG-SCMP Winter Meeting! Congra… 3 months ago
- RT @RRUTC_Cam: An incredible piece of work in @Acta_Materialia from UTC student Lewis Owen and his colleagues at the ISIS neutron source @h… 1 year ago
- I'm running the London Marathon for @MindCharity. Training updates and general rambling on my blog! goo.gl/jIXW8u #charitytuesday 1 year ago
- Week 2 of #marathontraining update on my blog tonight. runningfromtheweasels.wordpress.com #VLM2017 1 year ago